In this week’s episode we’re talking about “waffle brain” and our tendency to compartmentalize things that are beautifully interconnected and woven together – for a purpose – with the fourth letter of the PROCESS acronym, C: Crash the Compartments.
What You’ll Hear:
- We tend to compartmentalize our lives (relationships, work, mental stability, emotional healthy, etc.), but this organized chaos is just an illusion.
- While we may find some sort of comfort in being able to contain and control these individual boxes – conveniently containing matters of mind, body and spirit, respectively – the separations don’t exist. We’re a package deal!
- We were created with mind, body and spirit intricately connected and woven together. When there’s unhealth in one area, it affects all areas.
- As exquisitely designed, integrated human beings, we need to approach our lives from a more holistic standpoint, working to cultivate health within the whole, so we can experience the fullness of the life we were created for.
- Plato put it this way: “we ought not attempt to cure the eyes without the head, or the head without the body…the body without the soul. For the part can never be well unless the whole is well“
- “The body becomes the battlefield for the war games of our mind. All the unresolved thoughts and emotions, the negativity we old on to, show up in the body and make us sick” Brian Seward, PhD
- In order to steward this one life we have been given, to the best of our ability, we have got to take stock of our physical, emotional and spiritual health. We cannot flesh out our calling with a sick, fatigued body, an anxious heart, and an unstable mind.
- Wellness is not a vain pursuit. It literally means the difference between surviving and thriving. And we were made to thrive.
- Find the link to download your free Wellness Assessment below.
Quick Links from Episode 23:
Share your thoughts and join the conversation over on Facebook.
The Simply Bloom Shop : gifts that inspire your heart and home (be sure to listen for your discount code)
Find prints, cards, mugs & books that encourage and equip you to live our your passion with purpose.
Food for Thought + Free Printable:
- Download the PENDUKA WELLNESS EVALUATION to check your pulse on your physical, emotional & mental, and spiritual health.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to me here.
Tune in next Monday for another episode of The Penduka Podcast, and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!